The University of Ibadan Student Representative Council has disclaimed 10 members of the Council on the basis of absence from three consecutive meetings without explanation to the Speaker of the Council.
The sitting where this decision was taken took place at the Kunle Adepeju Building on the 24th of May, 2023.
The Student Union Constitution addresses this issue in Article XVI (1) where it states “A Councillor shall be deemed to have forfeited his/her seat in Council should s/he absent himself/herself from three consecutive meetings of Council without a written explanation to the Speaker. This shall be announced to the Council by the Speaker who shall inform the Electoral Commission for a bye-election”.
In this regard, the disclaimed members of the Council include:
- Odomenam C of AAH Constituency
- Eze J. C. of AAH Constituency
3. Abiola T. of Kuti Hall Constituency
- Omotunde P. of Kuti Hall Constituency
- Rasaq W. A. of Lord Tedder Hall Constituency
- Oyewole A. J. of Nnamdi Azikiwe Hall Constituency
- Amire A. T. of Queen Idia Hall Constituency.
- Memud J. of Queen Idia Hall Constituency
- Tewobola S. of Queen Idia Hall Constituency
- Sarafadeen A. of Independence Hall Constituency